"Personnel Office, an office of people and for people"
In pursuit of the humanist tradition of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, the focus of our office is always 'people'. We cherish each and every staff member as a whole person, the lifeblood of the University as it thrives on challenge.
Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor via Vice-President (Administration), the Personnel Office is responsible for a wide range of personnel functions in the University, which are as follows:
- review the manpower needs of the University and develop manpower policies to meet the needs for the accomplishment of the University's mission;
- develop and maintain a database on University manpower resources;
- recruit, and develop strategies to recruit, all grades of quality teaching and non-teaching staff for the University;
- formulate, manage and review competitive benefits and compensation schemes;
- design and monitor staff appraisal schemes, manage job performance and conduct assessments therefor;
- devise and implement policies and administrative procedures to encourage staff training and development activities and schemes to encourage University employees to realise their full potential to function at the highest possible level;
- provide effective communication between the management and University employees to enhance staff relations; and
- keep abreast of the development in the labour market with a view to maintaining dynamic personnel policies and practices of the University.