The Committee on the Positive Workplace and Staff Development (the PWSD Committee) has been exploring a new staff recognition award scheme to take the Exemplary Service Award, which has been suspended since 2014, to an expanded horizon. The PWSD Committee is pleased to launch the Positive Workplace Service Award for a pilot run in 2016/2017. This new staff award scheme has an expanded scope covering both teaching and non-teaching staff, those working in the front-line and the back offices, as well as enabling staff recognition not only for the work outcome but the individual behaviour and team practices that can cultivate and promote a positive workplace culture in the University.
- To show recognition to individual staff members and work teams that radiate positive energy in the workplace.
- To identify individual attributes/behaviour and team practices that are conducive to nurturing a positive workplace.
- To share and promote such positive individual behaviour and team practices in the CUHK workplaces, and encourage the continuation of good practice.
- All full-time staff (teaching and non-teaching) on an individual or work team basis.
- A work team should be comprised of two or more full-time appointees who may work in the same department or an inter-departmental work team tasked with a specific project.
- Nomination can be made from students and staff members. Self-nomination is applicable for the team award but not for the individual award.
- The printed copy of Nomination Form can be obtained from the Personnel Office and its soft copy is available here .
- A maximum of 10 awards will be presented in this pilot run
- Individual Award: A trophy and a cheque of HK$5,000
- Team Award: A trophy (for the team) and a cheque of HK$10,000
- The PWSD Secretariat will seek the endorsement of the Head of Department/Unit or Supervising Officers concerned before acceptance of a nomination.
- The Chairman of the PWSD Committee will appoint a Central Selection Panel to review all nominations according to the assessment criteria set out in the attachment .
- (For real life examples of the assessment criteria, you may refer to"2D Animation" )
- Nominees for the individual award or representatives of the work teams may be invited for a meeting with the Central Selection Panel.
- Open for Nomination -- September 2016
- Closing date for Nomination -- October 31, 2016 (Monday)
- Meeting with selected nominees -- November/December 2016
- Confirmation of list of awardees -- Early 2017
- Award Presentation Ceremony -- Mid-2017
All completed Nomination Form and supporting documents shall be submitted to the PWSD Secretariat by October 31, 2016 by one of the following channels:
- Internal Mail: PWSD Secretariat (attn.: Ms. Angel Leung), Personnel Office, 4/F, Mong Man Wai Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Fax: 3942 0954
For enquiries, please contact:
- Ms. Angel Leung, Personnel Manager at 3943 8611;
- Mr. Daniel Chow, Training Manager at 3943 8607; or
- Miss Katrina Chu, Personnel Officer at 3943 1987.
# For Chinese version, please click here .